A Late Summer Steak Salad That Pairs *Perfectly* with Avaline Red
September is such a special month for all that it promises: extended golden hours, crisp Autumn air, cozy slow evenings with friends, and an abundance of freshly harvested organic produce. This month, we’re sharing a collection of yummy recipes from our community, and the best part is that they all pair perfectly with the sip of the season: Avaline Red. What we love most about these dishes is their commitment to wholesome, seasonal ingredients-- each recipe is organic (just like the grapes that go into your glass of Red).
Clean, delicious meals to go with your clean, delicious wine-- cheers to that!
Bright, fresh and full of organic produce, Mia’s Late Summer Steak Salad pairs perfectly with a glass of Avaline Red and savoring the last warm days of the year.
- Start by making the chimichurri dressing. Add the shallot, garlic, red pepper flakes, red wine vinegar, and salt to a bowl. Let sit for at least 5 minutes, while you are chopping your herbs.
- Add the cilantro, parsley, oregano, and the lemon zest to the bowl, then whisk in 1/2 cup of the olive oil.
- Marinate the steak with 1/2 of the chimichurri dressing for at least 30 minutes before cooking.
- Next, blister the snap peas. Heat a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add a tablespoon of the olive oil, followed by the snap peas.
- Squeeze half of the lemon juice over the snap peas and saute until blistered, about 3-5 minutes.
- Season with a pinch of salt and set aside to cool.
- Heat the grill or a grill pan over high heat. Add the marinated steak and cook for 3-5 minutes on each side, or until clear grill lines appear. Set aside to rest for at least 5 minutes, then slice 1 inch thick against the grain.
- Place the lettuce in a bowl, dress with the remaining olive oil and lemon juice, and season with a pinch of sea salt.
- To serve, portion in individual bowls or family-style on a platter. Divide the plate or bowl into quarters. Pile the dressed lettuce in one quarter, followed by the blistered snap peas, tomatoes, and steak.
- Drizzle the chimichurri over the salad, then top with pickled red onions and crispy chickpeas.
Happy hour for your inbox.
Please enter a valid email address.
Something went wrong