A Fresh Crab Spaghetti that Pairs *Perfectly* with Avaline Red
October is here!
We’re so excited for cozy weather, the autumn harvest, hearty recipes (pasta, anyone?) and lots of sweaters. There’s no better way to enjoy the cooling temps than by wrapping up in a blanket and sipping a glass of clean, delicious wine.
This month we will continue to share a collection of yummy recipes from our community, and the best part is that they all pair perfectly with the sip of the season: Avaline Red. What we love most about these dishes is their commitment to wholesome, seasonal ingredients-- each recipe is organic (just like the grapes that go into your glass of Red).
Clean, delicious meals to go with your clean, delicious wine-- cheers to that!
Savory, fresh, and full of organic produce, Mia’s Fresh Crab Spaghetti pairs perfectly with a glass of Avaline Red and the celebration of a new season.
What you’ll need (serves 4):
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- ½ - 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes (depending on the level of spice you like)
- 1 teaspoon oregano, dried or freshly chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- ½ cup chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 package gluten-free spaghetti (Mia likes Banza for this recipe)
- 1 pound fresh cracked crab
- 4 cups arugula
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium. Add the shallots and garlic and stir until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Next, add the red pepper flakes and oregano, followed by the cherry tomatoes. Stir to combine and saute for 2 additional minutes.
- Add the chicken stock and lemon juice, and lower to a simmer. Allow to cook until the sauce thickens, about 10 minutes.
- While the sauce is simmering, cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain pasta, reserving ¼ cup of the pasta water to add to the sauce.
- Pour your glass of Avaline Red and enjoy! 🍷